In preparation for a weekend visit from my sister, Emily, I made this anklet & ring set out of pink crystal beads and pink wire.It was fun to take a class in June at Brooklyn Charm and since then I’ve been gathering tools and bits and pieces: #craftsupplyhoarder…The little charm is a Libra for Emily’s 10/1 birthday. And pretty packaging is always a must, so a little woven bag from Pearl River Mart.There we go. And then out for the day — it was a HOT one in NYC.Oh, what have I been eating lately aside from actually cooking on Monday night? Glad you asked, clockwise from top left:
- Virgin sangria from Bon Chovie at Smorgasburg
- Berry and Orange Glaze Doughnuts from Dough with Helen & Tiffany at Smorgasburg
- Spicy Korean pork and lychee martinis at Third Floor Café in K-town with Emily
- Grilled Maple Bacon Stick from Landhaus at Smorgasburg
- Slow Braised Black Angus Short Rib with wild mushroom parmigiano risotto, lemon rosemary spinach and creamy caramelized garlic with a truffle demi glace at 3FortyGrill with Kate in Hoboken
- Danny Macaroons in Chocolate Banana Nut, Salted Caramel and Jam Surprise (filled with raspberry-jalapeño jam from The Jam Stand) at Smorgasburg
- Sushi from Illuzion in Hoboken with Soju at a rooftop picnic for one
- Gluten free ice cone from Big Gay Ice Cream with vanilla chocolate twirl and Maker’s Mark Bourbon Butterscotch Sauce with Sevrin
- And center: Ginger Fried Rice from Bite Size Kitchen at Smorgasburg
Phew. Ok, well, that’s all from over the last week, but tonight we capped off the day with Emily’s 2nd tattoo: a cute, little heart on her ankle. Almost made up for not being able to find her size-5 shoes. Hm, I haven’t ever made shoes before, but there must be a class for that. Somewhere.It’s 3 a.m. and I’m headed back up to the roof to see if I can glimpse any of the Perseid meteors.
POSTSCRIPT AT 3:14 a.m.: 1 foot out the door and it was clear there was no visibility, wait is that an oxymoron? no meteor viewing for me, oh well!