Another year in my life has gone by and here are some things I learned:
- Understanding is all around you ~ I opened my eyes to a lot of new people this year and it’s been transformative.
- That being said, you only have yourself to rely on, but it’s ok to ask for help ~ I was the most independent this year as I’ve ever been: it was scary, fun, energizing, confusing and ever-changing, but it’s totally worth it.
- You aren’t wrong all the time ~ I’m more confident as I get older and don’t feel I have to back down to other opinions as much. Listen, try to understand, but don’t lose yourself in other peoples’ views too easily.
- Time flies and things take longer than you think they will ~ I don’t know how this happens, but I’m trying to be on time more often. Don’t get stuck. Move on. Really.
- Just the right time may never come, so you might not want to wait any longer to do what you want to do. #Yolo
Be happy, be well. Here’s to another great year…